Faces without Places (FwP) is pleased to announce that they will be hosting their pilot program, The Yellow Bus Summer Camp 2012. This year the Yellow Bus Summer Camp will be held at the Old Hoffman School at 3060 Durrell Ave.
For the past 14 years, FwP has collaborated with community partners to host a summer program for children experiencing homelessness aged 5-12. However, this summer, FwP will be hosting their own program as they have identified it as an initiative that they want to support.
FwP is a non-profit that was created in 1998 to keep children experiencing homelessness connected to their education in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. During the last 14 years, FwP has raised over 1.5 million dollars for children experiencing homelessness in our city and has provided the majority of the funding for the summer program. FwP has been the organization that provided the funds for all of the life enriching opportunities that children experiencing homelessness have been able to participate in as well as transportation, staff and food.
The Yellow Bus is continuing to move along and is going to be better than ever before, but not without the help of our generous community members like you. In order to continue to serve children experiencing homelessness, we need to provide many supplies that will be for the children to use and keep.
Because we are going out on our own, we need your help to get the supplies to make it a successful summer, can you help us by providing:
- Deep Freeze
- New swim suits for boys and girls (one pieces or modest tankinis) aged 5-12
- New flip flops for boys and girls aged 5-12
- New beach towels
- individually wrapped snacks
- juice boxes
- Cheerios cereal
- copy paper
- construction paper
- electric pencil sharpeners
- staplers & staples
- Epson 125 ink (black, cyan, magenta, & yellow)
- packing tape
- extension cords
- surge protectors
- New or gently used outdoor recreation equipment (basket balls, soccer balls, jump ropes, hula hoops, etc.)
- New or gently used board games
- Box fans
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Paper plates
- Disposable cups
- Plastic silverware
- Large bottles of hand sanitizer
- New or gently used books for students aged 5-12
- Gift cards to Target and Wal-Mart to purchase clothing and swim suits
- Gift certificates to Kroger or Sam’s Club to purchase perishable goods