Since 1998, Faces without Places has worked to keep children experiencing homelessness connected to their education. In the past fifteen years FwP has served over 25,000 children experiencing homeless in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. We work in conjunction with school districts, family homeless shelters, and other social service agencies to provide the items and services necessary for a child to enroll in get to, and fully participate in school.
FwP provides enrichment, summer programming, transportation, uniforms, supplies, field trips, and specialized services to over 2,000 children experiencing homelessness each year. But it’s so much more than pencils and notebooks. Through the dedication of our staff and supporters to our mission and our children; we are actually able to supply school through ensuring transportation and providing the tools to succeed.
We are proud to tell you that we have served 835 children experiencing homelessness this school year and now partner with 14 different school districts, family homeless shelters, and other social service agencies to keep children experiencing homelessness connected to their education! We are a standalone organization with three full time staff members focused on programming, development and community awareness. We run our own independent summer program, The Yellow Bus Summer Camp and are starting a new afterschool reading program with volunteers in several local family shelters.
Faces without Places was recently honored as the Cincinnati Museum Center 2012 Difference Maker and our staff member Beth Griffith-Niemann was awarded Outstanding Individual from The National Association from the Education of Homeless Children and Youth.
Will you help us make 2013 an even better year for Faces without Places?
How your donation can help:
- $20 can provide a new pair of shoes for a student experiencing homelessness to send a student off on the right foot
- $30 can provide a gas card to help a parent get their child to and from school
- $50 can provide a new book bag full of supplies and the tools for success for a student experiencing homelessness
- $75 can provide a set of school uniforms for a student experiencing homelessness and with that new confidence
- $140 can provide a monthly Metro pass for a student experiencing homelessness and the resources to make it to school
- $1,000 can sponsor a student experiencing homelessness for an entire year and help to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty
Together we can keep children experiencing homelessness connected to their education all over Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky!