Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Helping others while helping yourself (to a good deal, that is)

Hi, my name is Beth and for those of you who don't personally know me, I love shopping just as much as I love helping kids experiencing homelessness (and other disadvantaged individuals).  It seems that nearly every colloquial conversation I have, the topic always finds its way back to the latest great deal I found.  And I love helping others find good deals just as much as I love bragging about them.

As the self proclaimed Queen of Bargain shopping I feel that its my duty to share steals and deals with others.  Which of course leads me back to why I'm blogging.

GoodSearch is a site that allows you to run search engine searches and raise money for your cause at the same time.  Well GoodSearch's BFF is GoodShopGoodShop is a way for you to donate to Faces without Places, shop, and get the best deals at your favorite (participating) online stores!


I know what you're thinking, "I hate having all those dumb toolbars suggested to me from different sites."  I know, I understand, and I feel the same way!  But let me tell you why you NEED this toolbar!  This toolbar not only lets you make a donation to Faces without Places (at no cost to you) when you make a purchase but also tells you what all the deals are at that particular website, which can then in turn allow you to clean out your inbox as well.

If you're like me, a girl on a budget, and you like a store that you may visit their site often to check out what specials they're running, or you're on their email list because you cash in on every tenth deal they offer.  But for every deal you do use, you have 5,000 emails of other deals that didn't interest you, you didn't have money to spend, or nothing you liked was on sale.

Well if you needed another reason to love GoodShop, this would be it.  Not only does the tool bar alert you that a donation will be made when you purchase something, but it will also tell you what all the deals, or 'coupons' that the site is currently running.






Okay, so this sounds sort of appealing but you still don't want to see the toolbar?  I've got you covered too!  If you download the toolbar, then customize your toolbar and make the GoodShop toolbar invisible, it will still notify you when your shopping could equal a donation for Faces without Places.

Need I say more? Now get to shopping and donating!  Oh and tell a friend, because this application is too good just to keep to yourself!

Downloading your toolbar:

1. Go to www.GoodShop.com and type in "Faces without Places" in the box where it says, "Who do you GoodShop for?" And verify your selection.

2. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the "download toolbar" button, follow the instructions, and voila!

3. Start shopping! and don't forget you brag about your deals and good deeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment